The platform services team is responsible for the daily operation, innovation and expansion of the platform. The daily activities consist of optimizing and improving the platform to facilitate current growth. In addition, the team is responsible for innovation and expansion of the platform. Currently the team is working on data centers in the Netherlands, USA and Singapore and Microsoft Azure around the globe.
SaaSplaza is looking for a Senior System & Storage engineer within our platform services team. We are looking for someone who has extensive knowledge of mixed storage environments and backup solutions.
We are looking for someone with the following profile
- Able to provide L3 level support to large and mixed storage environments;
- Owns multi-tasking expertise and patience to troubleshoot critical issues under pressure;
- Experienced to perform some of the following tasks:
- Service provisioning requests for new storage;
- Work with vendor for BreakFix;
- SAN attach/detach new storage arrays/switches/hosts;
- Apply firmware/do maintenance tasks on storage/switch/HBAs;
- Analyze performance bottlenecks, suggest and implement improvements and work-arounds;
- Produce capacity planning reports and be able to forecast storage growth;
- Implement/Monitor and support any DR function(s);
- Does spot opportunities for automation;
- Will examine your clients' metrics to improve SLAs, QoS, MTTRs;
- Can Provisoning & Decommisioning of storage;
- Able to implement SAN zoning (Brocade SAN);
- Manage and setup backup solutions and jobs.
Duties and responsibilities
Improvement of the SaaSplaza platform in a professional way and providing the latest technology in order to facilitate the necessary growth. Eliminate large projects with a high risk to smaller projects of acceptable risk levels.
- Proactive discover impending bottlenecks;
- Correct the problem and control the solution;
- Communicate clear and capture;
- Coach colleagues and give correct feedback;
- Can convincingly share the opinion, both verbally and on paper.
- Completed Bachelor Informatics study with several years of experience;
- Experience with at least the following storage vendors' products: HP 3PAR/EVA , EMC VNX/Scale IO;
- In depth knowledge of Fibre switch vendor products/software: Brocade;
- Experience with backup technologies such as VEEAM, DPM, Avamar and Unitrends;
- Knowledge and experience with multipathing software on the host(s);
- Must work well in a team and have a desire to learn new ideas and technologies;
- Experience as lead engineer;
- Languages: English (written and spoken).
- Independent, accurate and stress-resistant;
- No 9-5 mentality;
- Analytical skills;
- Responsible, service oriented, flexible and enterprising;
- Ability to multi-task on several projects at the same time;
- Ability to own projects, proactively driving them to completion within timelines;
- Don’t evade a considerable challenge.
- Market conforming salary according to knowledge and experience;
- Travelling allowance;
- Mobile phone and laptop;
- Good work conditions.
Are you interested in the position of Senior System and Storage Engineer? Contact Us!